3248 Elwood Drive ............ Racine, WI 53406
1981 S-2 9.2C Center Cockpit
S-2 quality, as only they can be famous for the quality of their boats. A rare center cockpit 30 footer. A great layout, and a well made boat.
As you board the boat, you enjoy first the full canvas enclosure of the cockpit. Almost new, and custom designed by Boat Tailors, it surrounds the cockpit with windows and screens to provide all of the options and protection that you could ask. A great space that adds greatly to the usable space on the boat, Then going below, you notice the traditional look of the newer dark blue upholstery and the quality of the wood work.
Starting forward, there is a vee berth. The vee berth, with the filler cushion, is partiallyopen to the salon with a partial bulkhead. There is a large overhead opening hatch, and 2 opening ports. Each side has a shelf for your glasses etc., and reading lights on both sides.
Next is the salon, with a centerline folding table. Both sides of the salon have shelves and storage behind the settees, and more storage under the seats.
Moving aft along the starboard side, you find the head. It is a amazing head with a separate shower and tub stall (yes, an actual small tub). Roomy and light and very usable. The head extends aft past the companionway.
Forward and to starboard of the companionway, we start with the galley. The galley extends along the port side of the passageway to the aft cabin. There is a 2 burner stove top, a S.S. sink and then the icebox. There is currently a microwave on the counter, and the current owner has put a small refrigerator next to it, on what is / was a seat for the nav table.
Across from the galley and under the cockpit is the engine, with a completely removeable top, and 2 side panels for ease of access.
As you progress down the passage, there are hanging lockers and lot of built-in storage along the side.
The aft cabin itself is surprisingly large and airy. Lots of opening ports on 3 sides, plus a large opening hatch overhead. Generous berth, and more storage. Very comfortable cabin.
LOD .................... 30' 0"
Beam .................... 10' 3"
Draft ...................... 4' 11"
Displ .......... 9,800 # approx.
Ballast ........ 4,000 # approx.
• Signet wind instruments
• Signet knot log 2883 KM
• Autohelm ST4000 autopilot
• SiTex EZ-7 Loran C navigator
• Apelco 265 Fishfinder
• Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF radio w/ Remote mic in cockpit
• Richardson's Chart Book
• Weems and Plath Basic Nav set
• Davis Echo Master radar reflector
• JVC KD-6310 AM/FM/CD stereo
• Water Ruler manual depth finder
• Spreader light
• Nav lights
Deck and Hull
• Bimini, dodger with complete enclosure new 2010 by Boat Tailor
• Package of spare Bimini top pins and safety rings
• Anchor Locker on Foredeck
• Fortress Anchor weight?
• Double lifelines with stanchions and 2 gates
• Bow Pulpit
• Stern Pulpit
• Swim Ladder
• Cockpit table
• Cockpit cushions
• 2 boat hooks
• 2 solar vents
• Emergency tiller
• Outboard bracket
• 4 fenders
• Air pump for fenders
• Rescue throw rope
• Orion Marine Signal kit
• 2 fire extinguishers
• Bag type sea anchor
• Closed cell cockpit cushions.
• Set of canvas gangway covers
• Wheel cover
• Breeze Booster hatch ventilation system
• Hatch screen
• 2 West Marine Go Anywhere loungers
• Small Lounger
• Magma Marine Kettle Gas rill 14 1/2" diameter
• 2 16.4 oz cans LP fuel
Sails and Rigging
• North full batten Mainsail - refurbished by Sail Care 2001
• Genoa (refurbished by Sail Care 2001) new UV cover
• Storm Jib
• Harken furling system
• Mainsheet traveler
• Aluminum spar stepped on deck
• Kenyon spar
• 6 Self Tailing Lewmar winches
• Loos & Co rig tension gauge
• package telltales
• Battcar sail receptacle - Tides Marine PN 2008
• Spare assorted size sheaves
• Foresail rail connector
• 2 sail bags
• 3 Winch handles
• Sailkote spray lube,
Engine & Mechanical
1981 Yanmar 15 hp - 2 cylinder Yanmar engine
Engine panel with tachometer
Engine temperature warning alarm installed
Model TM4F Engine Watch Dog 3/2013 R
R aw water cooled
3 blade bronze prop
Spare prop - Michigan 15x9 2-blade
3 batteries with switch
Automatic battery charger Guest Model 2614A 03/13
Fuel gauge 18 gal fuel tank Funnel
Yanmar fuel pump
Yanmar fuel filter
Spark plug wrench kit
Fuel filter cartridge & O rings
Air filter and O ring
Water pump impeller
Self leveling battery filler
8GA Attwood Battery hold down kits #9013-3
Set spare V belt
Spare engine hose
Assorted spare hoses
SeaFit tool kit - West Marine
• Seaward 6 gallon water heater with engine circulation
• Guest 15amp automatic battery charger
• 14" bolt / rig cutter
• Rulemate RM500 500 GPH electric bilge pump
• West Marine Turbo Dehumidifier model 255424
• Manual bilge pump • Guzzler manual bilge pump with hose
• Guzzler pump handle
• West Marine air horn can
• Small siphon pump
• 2 fire extinguishers
• Bag of thru hull plugs
• Shore power cord adapter 30a - 30a
• 2 Shore power cord adapters 30a - 15a
This boat is a must see for anyone looking for a very comfortable cruising boat.
• West Marine 310 dinghy new in 2010
• 7.5 Mercury outboard
• Irak's /safety harness size small with connector
• Rain suit size Med
• Stern's Tournament series Fishing vest -PFD size L
• 7 PFDs Type II adult
• 1 PFD Type II youth
• 2 sets of West Marine nautical flags
• Angler rod holder
Email for lots more pictures
...... inside and out !!